Thursday, June 12, 2008

ONE WEEK LEFT!!!

It is so hard to believe that in one week we will be holding our son in our arms for the first time! I am so excited, scared, nervous, overwhelmed, and overjoyed all at the same time. YIKES! We can't wait to meet you, little buddy!

I am so humbled that God would place another one of His children in our hands to take care of for a season. It's hard to look at our children that way sometimes. I mean...we carry them in our bellies for 9 months and take care of their every need (and some of their wants) for 18 or so years after that. So, it would be easy to look at them as our children. However, I have learned that they are not mine. They are God's creations, and He has great plans for them that, for the most part, have nothing to do with me. So, my prayer is that God would continue to mold me into the mother that Elana and Josiah need in preparing them for what God has in store for their future.

On a completely different note, our Elana-boo has ANOTHER ear infection and has been moody and droopy the past few days. She even snuggled with me last night, which is so very rare these days!! I hate it when she is sick. I feel so bad for her that she has to endure the pain and discomfort of those darn ear infections. I pray that Josiah doesn't have as much trouble with his ears as Elana has with hers.

Well, I should get back to work. I only have 4 more days left at work, so I am excited about that. I am taking off the Thursday before we go in for the c-section so that I can rest. I am soooooooo looking forward to that!!! Blessings to all who read this! We'll keep you posted about our little guy!

No comments: